UPDATE #4: According to Governor Northam's Executive Order 61, Phase 1 of reopening is now in effect (as of May 15, 2020). There are several requirements that I will be implementing according to the guidelines that will, or will not, allow certain clients to return at this time. Also, if you (the client) feel uneasy and unready to return to your regular appointments and wish to cancel, please know that I completely understand.
1) I will be checking your temperature with a touch-less forehead thermometer before you enter.
2) A face mask is required during your entire appointment. Due to breathing issues, when you are face down on the table, you can remove your mask, but must replace it again when facing up. I will be wearing a mask at all times, and nitrile gloves during your entire treatment.
3) Are you experiencing or displaying any (even one) of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours?
- New dry persistent cough?
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher?
- Shortness of breath, even at rest?
- Difficulty breathing?
- Very sore throat?
- Sudden onset of extreme fatigue?
- Repeated shaking with chills?
- Muscle aches all over (not just pain in a specific area)?
- Sudden onset of a headache?
- New loss of taste or smell?
- Are you awaiting COVID-19 test results?
- Have you, in the past 14 days, been in close contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 or is awaiting COVID-19 test results? (Close contact means physically close - within 6 feet for a minimum of 10 minutes or having been coughed on by a person infected with COVID-19.)
If you have answered yes to ANY of these questions or a subpart of ANY question, please cancel your appointment and stay home.
4) If you have been in contact with or near someone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days and have not self-quarantined, or need to self-quarantine, please cancel your appointment.
5) If you are considered "high risk", please cancel your appointment.
6) I will be temporarily suspending my on-line booking in order to have more control over appointment times. This is so I can maintain enough time in-between clients to thoroughly sanitize equipment, etc. according to requirements. It is also possible that I will ask you to change your appointment time in order to meet the extra requirements.
Please know that I am doing, and will continue to do everything I possibly can to follow the requirements to keep you (and myself) safe. Like you and everyone else, I am looking forward to getting back to normal! I thank everyone for their patience and understanding while we all try to deal with and get through this mess!
UPDATE #3: On Monday, May 4, 2020, Governor Northam announced another extension of Executive Order 53. This is now in effect through 11:59 p.m. Thursday, May 14th. This may be the Phase 1 opening for "non-essential" businesses. However, this is contingent on continued monitoring of Covid-19 cases here in Virginia. Also, at this point, I still don't know if massage therapy will be among the businesses able to open up again, as there was some indication that specific business eligibility will be assessed according to CDC guidance. If I am able to reopen, I will be implementing criteria according to the guidelines that will, or will not, allow certain clients to return at that time. Also, if you (the client), feel uneasy and wish to cancel your appointment, please know that I completely understand. Hopefully, we will get back to normal soon and I can help you get rid of all those built-up knots and stress!
UPDATE #2: On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Governor Northam announced that he is extending the end date of Executive Order 53 (the one that affects massage therapists) by two weeks. That means it is now set to expire on May 8th. The governor also said that he and his team will "continue to monitor health data over the coming weeks to determine what happens next after the May 8 expiration date." Unfortunately, I will be cancelling appointments through May 8. However, I will not cancel any appointments beyond May 8 unless there is a further extension of this order. I am praying that there is no further extension!
UPDATE #1: Virginia Governor Northam has ordered all non-essential businesses to close for the next 30 days as of today (March 24, 2020) at 11:59 p.m. Unfortunately, that includes massage therapy practices because we cannot maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet. We knew this was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier to accept as our current reality.
SPECIAL COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT: On Friday, March 20, 2020, I made the difficult decision to temporarily cancel my appointments. Since my work is obviously hands-on, I feel it prudent to exercise caution due to the Covid-19 virus. I am not usually worried about the typical viruses that pass along during flu season, but this is a beast of a different nature. It has definitely challenged my comfort level for client contact, not only for myself, but also for my clients.
Initially, I felt that as long as Southwest Virginia was not showing any confirmed cases of Covid-19, I planned on continuing to work. But, I had also made a mental note to cancel appointments with the first confirmed SW Virginia case. This officially changed with Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital announcing a confirmed case on Friday, and another over the weekend in Franklin County. I have been and will continue to monitor the Covid-19 case coverage on the Virginia Health Department website to determine when to reopen my practice. For now, I will cancel all appointments through March 30, 2020, and make decisions on either a daily or weekly basis after that.
I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause any of my clients. I thank you for your understanding and appreciate each and every one of you! Please exercise caution, pray, and stay well!
Welcome to my Website! If you’re looking for a professional massage therapist, you’ve come to the right place.
I am trained in a variety of modalities, and you can click on the "Services & Rates" page to learn more about the various techniques I use in my work.
Also, if you’d like to set up an appointment, click on "Contact Me" and send me a message. Please include your name, the best time and phone number to reach you at, and/or any questions you may have. Please keep in mind that when I am with a client, I cannot answer my phone, texts, or emails, but I will respond as soon as possible. Or... you can click on the "Schedule Now" button on the Services and Rates page and find the time and treatment that works best for you.
Thanks for visiting, and have a great day.