MediCupping(TM) Therapy is a modern adaptation of the ancient technique of Fire Cupping in Traditional Chinese Medicine, where local suction is created on skin, and believed to mobilize the blood flow in order to promote healing. MediCupping is not the same as Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Glass, plastic, or silicone cups are used with suction on the skin with gliding, shaking, rotating, popping, and parking techniques to facilitate joint mobilization and/or soft tissue release. This technique reaches deep into soft tissue, attachments, and organs, as well as having a sedating effect on the nervous system.
- Pulling inflammation and toxins from the body tissues so the skin and lymphatic system can readily eliminate them.
- Scar tissue often releases quickly, despite the age of the injury or keloid tendencies.
- Because the "suction" creates "separation" in the tissue layers, it enables water absorption and renewed blood flow to undernourished and dehydrated tissue.
- The "separation" is highly beneficial in pre- and post-surgical procedures, and may assist in the healing process.
- Separation of fused, congested soft tissue and increase in tissue function can be a catalyst for change in many current health conditions.
The purpose of cupping therapies is to mobilize:
- soft tissue - fascia, muscle, tendons, and ligaments
- stagnation - lymph, old blood and debris, and inflammation
- body fluids
- organs - especially lungs, colon, and stomach
Conditions that respond to MediCupping(TM) Therapy:
- Asthma and pneumonia
- Athletic stress and injury
- Bursitis, Tendonitis and other inflammatory conditions
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure / Low blood pressure
- Insomnia and anxiety
- Lung inflammation and congestion
- Migraine and tension headaches
- Neuralgia and rheumatism
- Parkinson's disease
- Plantar fasciitis
- Pre- and Post-surgical conditions
- Poor circulation
- Poorly nourished skin and muscle tissue
- Sluggish colon and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Stagnant lymph and edema
- TMJ dysfunction
- Alkalize blood
- Decrease and relieve pain and inflammation (counter-irritant effect)
- Drain lymph fluid
- Lift and stretch soft tissue
- Improve circulation and tone vessel walls
- Open chest and lungs
- Open energy flow of the body
- Release and soften scar tissue and adhesions
- Release deep muscular (soft tissue and organs) issues
- Sedate the nervous system
More Information Coming for Specific "Issues in the Tissues"